Redevelopment Authority Home
Redevelopment Authority Home
In order to make Berks County a better place to live, the Redevelopment Authority provides access to federal, state, and local funds for community redevelopment and housing rehabilitation.
About the Redevelopment Authority
The Redevelopment Authority was formed in 1961 under Pennsylvania’s Urban Redevelopment Law. Its mission is to eliminate blight and dangerous conditions. The Authority is authorized by the Board of County Commissioners and operates independently. Building a vibrant community, through eliminating blight and dangerous conditions is a collaborative effort. The Authority is in partnership with County government and local municipalities, Pennsylvania state agencies, area non-profits, and community groups. Our focus is to locate and support economic development opportunities for business owners and developers, as well as to assist local businesses with obtaining the capital they seek to invest and expand.
In the past 50-plus years, the Redevelopment Authority has played an important part in helping to make Berks County a great place to live, work and play. It has worked in everything from flood recovery efforts to management of the County’s federal entitlement housing and community development programs. It fulfills its role in the County’s community revitalization, using tools and funding programs administered by federal, state and local government agencies.
Board Members and Solicitors
- Mr. Glenn Yeager, Chairman
- Ms. Eileen Kastura, Vice Chairman
- Mr. Diodato Bassano, Treasurer
- Mr. Thomas Ruth, Secretary
- Mr. Jorge Diaz, Assistant Secretary/Assistant Treasurer
- Mr. Daniel Becker, Esq. Solicitor, Kozloff Stoudt
- Ms. Joan E. London, Esq. Solicitor, Kozloff Stoudt
- Kenneth Pick, Executive Director
- Kathy A. Miller, Fiscal Officer
- Kyre Maxwell, Assistant Fiscal Officer
- Kathleen Heckman, Executive Assistant
- Michele Hummel, Assistant Fiscal Officer
- Josh Lewis, Facilities & Housing Manager
- Tyler Reese, Housing Generalist
- Jaime Perez, Housing Planner
- Pauline Klopp, Redevelopment Generalist
- Jowanna Gary, Redevelopment Generalist
- Marisol Martinez, Redevelopment Generalist
News / Announcements
Public Meetings / Information
The Redevelopment Authority administers grants from federal, state and local programs to meet the objectives of the Berks County Comprehensive Plan. Below are links that lead from the Berks County website, and represent opportunities for additional funding. Links are provided for informational purposes only.
U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development Site
Greater Berks Development Fund
Berks County Chamber of Commerce
Directory of Social Services in Berks County PA for Homeless & At-Risk Residents Brochure [English][Spanish]
Berks Coalition to End Homelessness
American Red Cross, Berks County Chapter
Business resources, travel and recreation information, programs, and more.
Commonwealth of PA Official Site
Pennsylvania Dept. of Community & Economic Development
PA DCNR Environmental Conservation Grants for Pennsylvania Organizations
Solar and renewable energy low-interest loans for PA Homeowners