Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
County of Berks Parks Rules and Regulations
- Any group event, or gathering of twenty-five (25) or more persons must make application for and secure a permit, and pay any fees for said permit, to the Park Office at least two weeks before the gathering. For more information click on "Park Reservation Information" or call (610-372-8939).
- Parking Areas shall be used by Park Visitors ONLY. If your car is in the park, you need to be in the park. If you leave, your car leaves as well.
- Pets are NOT allowed in any park area except Antietam Lake. (Seeing-eye dogs & helper animals are permitted.)
- NO swimming, bathing, or wading.
- NO use of water craft permitted in Antietam Lake Park.
- NO target practice or discharging of weapons.
- NO use of metal detectors.
- NO littering.
- NO alcoholic beverages and/or any substance prohibited under the PA Drug & Alcohol Abuse Control Act - possession or consumption.
- NO removing (damaging, tampering) any park property.
- NO vehicles are permitted EXCEPT on designated roadways and parking areas.
- NO off the road vehicles of any kind (i.e., mini bikes, all terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, etc.
- NO camping.
- NO repairing and/or painting of private vehicles.
- NO hunting or trapping.
- NO horses or horseback riding except at Antietam Lake.
- NO flying of model powered planes or rockets.
- NO posting of signs, peddling or soliciting business.
- NO disorderly conduct.
- NO interfering with, using profanity towards, refusing to obey any lawful command of employees of the Department who are performing their official duties within the Park System
Berks County Park Hours
January: 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
February: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
March: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
April: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
May: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
June: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
July: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
August: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
September: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
October: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
November: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
December: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.