Unclaimed Monies

Unclaimed Monies

You May Be Entitled To Unclaimed Monies! 

Pursuant to the subsection 205 (f) of the Real Estate Tax Sale Law of July 7, 1947, P.L. 1368, as amended, 72 P.S. 5860.101, et seq., the following is a list of properties which have been sold by the Tax Claim Bureau for which no claim for payment of any balance due to the owner of the property has been presented by or on behalf of the owner. 



Please return your application and all required copies and documents to:


Berks County Tax Claim Bureau
Attn: Nicole E. Blanding, Director
Services Center, 2nd Floor
633 Court Street
Reading, PA 19601

Instructions to Submit a Claim for Unclaimed Funds

  1. Please fill out the Berks County Tax Claim Bureau Application for Unclaimed Funds and have the form notarized.
  2. If you are claiming funds for $5,000 or over, you must appear in person.
  3. Please provide a photocopy of your driver’s license or other government issued photo identification. 
  4. Please provide a copy of proof associating you with the property sold at Tax Sale. Photocopies of the following are acceptable: 
    • utility bill, 
    • mortgage payment coupon, 
    • post-marked envelope, 
    • driver’s license, 
    • canceled check,
    • a pay stub that reflects the property address
  5. The Bureau will honor personal Powers of Attorney as long as we receive a certified copy of the POA, signed by the owner. The POA may execute the claim forms on behalf of the owner. Please note, the Bureau requires all powers of attorney submitted to comply with 20 Pa C.S.A. Section 5601. Therefore, each power of attorney will need the required notice signed by the principal and required acknowledgement executed by the agent.
  6. If you are a third party, under Pennsylvania law, no person may assist in the recovery of unclaimed property and receive compensation therefore unless the person has applied for and received a certificate of registration from the Pennsylvania Department of Treasury. It is illegal for finders to operate without the required Certificate of Registration.
  7. If the owner of the property is deceased, the personal representative would need to provide a certified copy of the death certificate and a short certificate. The short certificate must be updated within the past two (2) years.
  8. If the owner of the property is a business entity, please provide proof that you are the authorized representative and have authority to claim the funds on behalf of the entity.