Welcome To The Recorder of Deeds Office
Welcome To The Recorder of Deeds Office
Updated Fee Schedule
Effective August 1, 2023, the Fee Schedule has been updated. Click on Fee Schedule for further details.
Responsibilities of the Recorder of Deeds Office include:
- Official County Recorder of all County deeds, mortgages, and real estate transactions
- Record all Notary Public Commissions, renewals, changes, and also swear in all Notary Publics
- Record and maintain military discharge (DD-214) papers and issues an official Veterans Identification card
- Record subdivision, land development plans, and highway maps.
- Collect local and state Real Estate Transfer taxes, affordable housing fees, judicial fees and redeterminations
- Record real estate related UCC liens
- Record and maintain commissions and bonds for all County officials
- Maintain records of the following documents which are no longer newly recorded: Charters of corporations, Charters of non-profit organizations and Chattel Mortgages.
News / Announcements
Curious Historic Documents
For a sampling of various Curious Historic Documents, please log into our search website by clicking on "Search Records on-Line (Register/Login)" from the menu to the left. Once you have logged in choose the Names search, in the name block type in: Curious Historic Documents. This will give you a list of documents that you can choose and view, click on the + sign to reveal names and topics for each document.
To search our records on-line please begin by clicking the second menu button to the left "search records on-line (register / login)". Every document ever recorded in our office since the birth of our County in 1752 is contained as a computerized image and index on this website. However, we have preserved all original record books of handwritten and typed transcriptions from the years 1752 to 1953. From 1953 through 2004 the original records were retained on microfilm, and after that by scanned image backed up on microfilm. From 2004 to present day, our records are retained digitally with electronic backup.
The Evolution of the Recording Process
Information and Resources
After clicking on the above link, please choose form "rev-183 fillin.pdf" to open Pennsylvania Statement of Value form. For your convenience, this form can be completed and printed.
Form can be completed and/or printed.
Real Estate Transactions
- 09/10/2023 to 09/16/2023
- 09/03/2023 to 09/09/2023
- 08/27/2023 to 09/02/2023
- 08/20/2023 to 08/26/2023
- 08/13/2023 to 08/19/2023
- 08/06/2023 to 08/12/2023
- 07/30/2023 to 08/05/2023
- 07/23/2023 to 07/29/2023
- 07/16/2023 to 07/22/2023
- 07/09/2023 to 07/15/2023
- 07/02/2023 to 07/08/2023
- 06/25/2023 to 07/01/2023
- 06/18/2023 to 06/24/2023
- 06/11/2023 to 06/17/2023
- Consumer Notice Alert -- Certified Deeds Copies
- List of Municipalities and School Districts
- Albany Township Historical Society
- Berks County Association for Graveyard Preservation
- Berks County Genealogical Society
- Historic Preservation Trust of Berks County
- Historical Society of Berks County
- Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
- Pennsylvania Land Title Association
- Property Records Industry Association (PRIA)
Certified copies online are $10.00 per document
Regular copies from our website are 50 cents a page
Copies made in our office other than your own home's deed are 50 cents per page
You may pay for certified copies of documents on our website by credit card. Please note there is a sliding rate transaction fee added to all credit card purchases. This fee is added by our credit card processor and is not a County fee.
The fee will be charged based on the amount of your sale ranging from $1.75 for sales up to $50.00, $2 between $50.01 and $75, $3.75 between $75.01 and $100, $5.75 between $100.01 and $150, $7.75 between $150.01 and $200 and for sales above $200 an additional fee of $2 for every $50 increment. This same incremental fee will be added to all escrow account deposits funded by a credit card.
If you would like to establish an escrow account to pay for copies please e-mail the following information to: email@example.com
1. Your name or business / organization name,
3. Contact person name if business or organization,
4. Phone number,
5. E-mail address,
6. The user name(s) you created and authorize to access your account balance.
We will open your account once we receive a check from you for your initial deposit, mail your check made payable to, Berks County Recorder of Deeds to:
Berks County Recorder of Deeds
Berks County Services Center, Third Floor
633 Court St.
Reading PA 19601
A few local submitters physically pick up the documents they submitted for recording.
If you cannot track down the location of your document you may obtain a copy of it from us. A certified copy is just as good as an original document. You may obtain a copy in our office in person, or send us a request with the appropriate fee for copying and/or certification along with a self addressed stamped envelope. You may also obtain a document copy from the on-line search on our web-site.